By 2050, a projected global population of 9.7 billion will demand 70% more food than is consumed today. Feeding this expanded population nutritiously and sustainably will require substantial improvements in the global food chain systems that are expected to upgrade the livelihood of farmers as well as providing safe and nutritious food for consumers. Having the theme “Shaping the Future through Agriculture Innovation”, the International Agriculture Congress 2018 will explore the application of cutting-edge technologies such as internet of things (IoT), simulation technology, big data analytics (BDA), digital economy, genome editing and biome sciences in shaping the future of agriculture. These include building inclusive, sustainable, efficient and nutritious food chain systems through leadership-driven, market-based action and collaboration, informed by insights and innovation for changes in food chain systems; mobilizing leadership and expertise at the global level.
- To create a forum for intellectual dialogue to discuss, deliberate and disseminate innovative ideas and findings to enhance agriculture productivity.
- To expose delegates to advanced and proven technologies in agriculture.
- To showcase discoveries, innovations, strategies and policies to enhance agricultural sustainability.
- Crop production
- Livestock production
- Plantation industry
- Green technology
- Aquaculture & fishery
- Urban agriculture
- Agriculture biotechnology
- Economics, agribusiness & policy
- Big data for agriculture
- Landscape & recreational park
- Pest management & biosecurity
- Future crops
- Value chain in agro-based industry
- Agricultural engineering & automation
- Agriculture extension & education
- Herbs & medicinal plants
- Land resource management
- Food Sciences